1. Types of Information Collected.
a. Traffic Data Collected. We automatically track and collect the following information when you visit our Site: (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of computer or handheld device; (iv) type of web browser; (v) mobile identification number; and (vi) telecommunications carrier (collectively "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on our Site.
b. Personal Information Collected. In order for you to access Subscription or Member Services that we offer via the Site, we may require or request that you provide us with information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information may include: (i) Contact Data (such as your name, mailing and e-mail addresses); (ii) Financial Data (such as your account number); and (iii) Demographic Data (such as your postcode, age, income, hobbies or affiliations). If you communicate with us by e-mail, post information or messages to any job listing area, chat groups, bulletin boards or other Forum Facilities that may exist on the Site from time to time, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, polls or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information or Demographic Data, or a combination of both Personal Information and Demographic Data.
c. Automatic Information Collected. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses the Site. "Cookies" are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features to you. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at our Site if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist. When you are using your handheld device, we are able to identify you by your mobile identification number, a unique identifier that is assigned to your handheld device by your telecommunications carrier. Your mobile identification number enables us to recognize your handheld device and provide personalized features to you.
d. E-mail Communications. To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities. We may also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us email@example.com.
e. Information from Other Sources. To improve the personalization of our services on the Site (for example, providing subject specific content or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next communication more easily.
2. Uses of Personal Information Collected. We may use Contact Data to send you information about our company or our features, products or services, or promotional material from some of our partners, or to contact you when necessary. We may use your Demographic Data to customize and tailor your experience on the Site, displaying content that we think you might be interested in and according to your preferences. We also may use Traffic Data and Personal Information for editorial and feedback purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, for a statistical analysis of users' behavior, for product development, for content improvement, to inform advertisers as to how many visitors have seen or clicked on their advertisements, and to customize content and layout of the Site. Names, postal and e-mail addresses and phone numbers collected may be added to our databases and used for future calls and mailings regarding site updates, new products and services, upcoming events and the status of orders placed online.
If you are employed by or otherwise affiliated with a company that provides you with a handheld device for business purposes (a "Subscribing Organization"), we will use both Traffic Data and Personal Information for such purposes as may be authorized or directed by that Subscribing Organization.
3. Sharing of Information. At the present time, we do not share any Demographic Data with advertisers and other third parties. Nor do we share Contact Data with other companies who may want to send you information about their products or services.
If you are employed by or otherwise affiliated with a Subscribing Organization, we will share both Traffic Data and Personal Information with the Subscribing Organization in accordance with the terms and conditions of any agreement we may have with the Subscribing Organization. We cannot take any responsibility for the collection, use or disclosure of such information by your Subscribing Organization.
At certain times, we may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling subscriptions, orders, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. These other companies and individuals have access to Traffic Data and Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy sites, companies or assets. In such transactions, Traffic Data and Personal Information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that SDC, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, Traffic Data and Personal Information will, of course, be one of the transferred assets.
We will, without specific or further notice to you, release your Traffic Data and Personal Information when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to: (a) comply with law or a court order or other legal process; (b) protect the rights, property or safety of SDC, the Site, our users or others; or (c) enforce our Terms and Conditions of Usage.
4. Security. We have included security measures on the Site to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information within our control that you provide to us. It is important to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer or handheld device. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer or one that is otherwise accessible to third parties. Be sure to log off and turn off any handheld devices when they are not in use or under your control.
5. Lost or Stolen Information. You must promptly notify us if your user name or password is lost, stolen or used without permission. In such an event, we will cancel that user name or password and update our records accordingly.
6. Links to Other Sites. The Site may from time to time contain links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
7. Public Forums. We may make chat rooms, job listing areas, Forum Facilities, message boards and news groups available to you on the Site. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information or any other information about yourself. The information presented in these areas reflects the views of the individual users or hosts and does not necessarily reflect the views of SDC or any of its affiliates.
No announcements yet
|Visits last 24h (live):||19|
|Visits last 24h (bots):||36|